Brother MFC-J985DW Driver, Software, Wireless Setup – Brother MFC-J985DW is so special for any users who need to a smart all-in-one machine with the INKvestment cartridges to offer. The product is so economical that offers less than 1 cent a page in black. Its highlight is the wireless mobile device printing that allows you to do your business needs easily.
This machine is able to work for your business priority. It has some nice features such as automatic two-sided printing, wireless, mobile connectivity, and 20-sheet of ADF. In addition, Brother MFC-J985DW offers two-year warranty. For more explanations about this product, you can read the review here.
Brother MFC-J985DW Features and Reviews
Brother MFC-J985DW has some great features to support your business productivity. For example, it offers a nice environment for your home office. It has ADF 20-sheet and automatic duplex printing. Also, the machine provides a paper tray that can handle 100 sheets. Additionally, there is a sheet bypass tray that is useful to work with envelopes and card stock.
Second, you can use the machine to print or scan anything from anywhere. You can do this even though you are connecting the machine to your smartphone, laptop, tablet, and desktop computer.
If you need something more, Brother MFC-J985DW allows wireless connectivity without using a router and you can do it with the Wi-Fi Direct. To operate the machine, it is so easy with the use of 2.7-inch of touchscreen display you can navigate easily.
Last but not the least the machine serves as a scanner that scans to cloud services such as Google Drive, Evernote, Dropbox, and others. Brother Cloud Apps is also available to help you capture and then digitize your paper documents for electronic sharing with your coworkers.
Brother MFC-J985DW Ink Cartridges
When it comes to its ink and cartridges, Brother MFC-J985DW helps you to reduce the operating cost, especially for pages and cartridges. The machine has INKvestment cartridges. It becomes innovative, yet the cost-effective solution to support your home office.
This machine is so interesting that you can save more money for more pages. In fact, the machine offers the black cartridge with the capability to support 2400 pages. The cartridges are for less than $25. On the other hands, the color cartridges offer 1200 pages for less than $15. As a result, you can print for pennies. It only needs less than 1 cent per page for a black-and-white document and less than five cents to do color printing.
Brother MFC-J985DW is what you need with its capability to print, scan, and copy your documents. The design is so simple and solid to complete any work desk in your office. When you are using it as a copier, it works for 6 pages per minute. It can work for handling 2,500 printed pages permonth as its maximum duty cycle.
Brother MFC-J985DW Wireless Setup
A. Factory Reset
- First, hit the menu button on your machine.
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok.
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok.
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen).
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically.
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless.
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok.
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back.
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
B. Setting on Computer
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing a wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to restart your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
C. Setting on Wireless Network Connection
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Brother MFC-J985DW Wifi Setup Guideline
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- Go to the Network menu selection > Reset Network > Press no.1 (to restart the printer)
- After that, the machine will enter the Default Printer mode
- You have to choose Network > Setup Wizard so you can continue the process.
- Then, choose SSID > and then choose NEW SSID (The machine will ask you to create a username and password). After that, press OK
- Next, choose AD-HOC and connect it to the SSID you have created (The printer will print the printer status automatically. After that, wait for 1 to 5 minutes so the printer will connect via scan IP address)
- Your Wi-Fi setup installation is complete. After that, try to connect your laptop or computer to the SSID printer.
Brother MFC-J985DW Installation Software For Windows
- To start, you must download the driver. After that, select the system operation of your computer.
- Next, double-click the file you have downloaded.
- After that, choose Unzip
- Open that folder
- Then, double-click to the D_SETUP.exe. The installation is ready to start.
- You are going to see the instructions on the screen. Follow the steps to finish the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer. You can test your printer.
Brother MFC-J985DW Installation Software For Mac
- You must download the driver. After that, choose the operating system for your computer.
- Next, double-click to the “xxxxxxxx.dmg” you have downloaded.
- Then, double click to the “xxxxxxxx.pkg. This is the installer package.
- You have to follow the instructions so you can complete the installation.
- Once you finished the installation, please restart the computer. After that, you can test your printer.
Brother MFC-J985DW Driver and Software Download
|Brother MFC-J985DW Driver
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP (64 Bit-32 Bit)
|Brother MFC-J985DW Driver
Mac OS X 10.11, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.9, OS X 10.8, OS X 10.7
|Brother MFC-J985DW Driver
MacOS (10.15), MacOS (10.14), MacOS (10.13), MacOS (10.12)
|Brother MFC-J985DW Scanner Driver||Download|
|Brother MFC-J985DW Manuals||Download|
|Brother MFC-J985DW Driver Download Brother Official Site||Click Here|