Brother MFC-8710DW Driver, Software, Wireless Setup – The Brother MFC-8710DW is a cost efficient, monochrome laser All-in-One for your busy workplace or business. It unites high-speed, reliable printing and copying up to 40ppm, high-quality colour scanning, and faxing into a durable design. Additionally, the MFC-8710DW may print two-sided output using the automatic duplex feature and scan or copy bound materials via the legal-size file glass or multi-page documents utilizing the 50-page capacity auto document feeder.
The Brother MFC-8710DW doesn’t offer duplex (two-sided) scanning with its ADF, so you can not scan, fax, or copy duplex originals readily. On the other hand, the OKI printer flatbed is restricted to some maximum letter-size page, while the MFC-8710DW’s flatbed is legal dimension. In addition, the MFC-8710DW supports Wi-Fi whereas the MB471 doesn’t. For this, you may need to get the more expensive OKI MB471w, which OKI states is precisely the same printer with Wi-Fi added.
Paper handling for printing can be like the two printers, but maybe not quite a game. Both include a built-in duplexer (for two-sided printing), a 250-sheet paper drawer, along with a multi-purpose tray, with the MFC-8710DW offering a somewhat lower capacity for your tray: 50 sheets rather than 100. That is not a substantial difference, however. Even the 300-sheet total ought to be ample for many small offices. If you need more, you may add a 500-sheet second drawer to get a maximum 800-sheet input capability.
As is typical with this type of MFP, the MFC-8710DW is too large to share a desk with comfortably, but small enough, at 17.6 by 19.3 by 16.3 inches (HWD), which means you shouldn’t have a lot of trouble finding room for it in many micro or small offices. Once in place, network setup is standard.
Output quality for the MFC-8710DW is lifeless on par throughout the board. Text is in the middle of the range that comprises the vast majority of all mono MFPs, which makes it easily good enough for any business requirement, but a little short of everything you’d need for high-quality desktop publishing.
Graphics output is similarly good enough for almost any internal business need. Based upon your tastes, you might or might not consider it good enough for, say, PowerPoint handouts when you have to convey a feeling of professionalism. Photo quality is much more than good enough for printing Web pages with identifiable photographs, and even suitable for printing photos in the company or customer newsletters and so on.
Brother MFC-8710DW Wireless Setup
A. Factory Reset
- First, hit the menu button on your machine.
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok.
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok.
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen).
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically.
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless.
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok.
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back.
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
B. Setting on Computer
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing a wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to restart your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
C. Setting on Wireless Network Connection
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Brother MFC-8710DW Wifi Setup Guideline
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- Go to the Network menu selection > Reset Network > Press no.1 (to restart the printer)
- After that, the machine will enter the Default Printer mode
- You have to choose Network > Setup Wizard so you can continue the process.
- Then, choose SSID > and then choose NEW SSID (The machine will ask you to create a username and password). After that, press OK
- Next, choose AD-HOC and connect it to the SSID you have created (The printer will print the printer status automatically. After that, wait for 1 to 5 minutes so the printer will connect via scan IP address)
- Your Wi-Fi setup installation is complete. After that, try to connect your laptop or computer to the SSID printer.
Brother MFC-8710DW Installation Software For Windows
- To start, you must download the driver. After that, select the system operation of your computer.
- Next, double-click the file you have downloaded.
- After that, choose Unzip
- Open that folder
- Then, double-click to the D_SETUP.exe. The installation is ready to start.
- You are going to see the instructions on the screen. Follow the steps to finish the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer. You can test your printer.
Brother MFC-8710DW Installation Software For Mac
- You must download the driver. After that, choose the operating system for your computer.
- Next, double-click to the “xxxxxxxx.dmg” you have downloaded.
- Then, double click to the “xxxxxxxx.pkg. This is the installer package.
- You have to follow the instructions so you can complete the installation.
- Once you finished the installation, please restart the computer. After that, you can test your printer.
Brother MFC-8710DW Driver and Software Download
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP
Mac OS X 10.11, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.9, OS X 10.8, OS X 10.7
MacOS (10.13), MacOS (10.12)
Linux (rpm), Linux (deb)