Brother MFC-J485DW Driver Windows, Scanner, Manual and Brother MFC-J485DW Wireless Setup and Brother MFC-J485DW Installation Software – Brother MFC-J485DW is a compact all-in-one printer, and it is easy to connect. This inkjet printer is what you need to support your small to medium-sized business. In addition, the machine offers its super quality output that has 6000 x 1200 dpi of maximum resolution.The main highlights of this machine are the wireless mobile device printing and automatic duplex printing.
The Brother MFC-J485DW is an economical choice with its valuable features. Its features and functionality are the main reason why you should have this at home, home office, and small business. The machine has wireless connectivity with its clear and reliable printing output. Printing, copying, faxing, and scanning would be at ease.
Brother MFC-J485DW Reviews and Features
First, let us talk about its connectivity and compatibility. This machine supports mobile printing with some apps. For example, Brother MFC-J485DW offer Google Cloud Print, Cortado Workplace, Mopria, and Brother iPrint&Scan. You have three options to connect this machine to your device which can be by wireless, Hi-speed USB 2.0 port, and Wi-Fi Direct.
Second, let us talk about its performance. You can use it as a copier with its flatbed design. It can handle both a black-and-white document and a color document. Even though it does not offer a duplex copying feature, it supports you with ID copy capability.
It also supports poster function, stand-alone copying, sorting function, and N in 1 Functions. For document handling, it offers 100-sheet of maximum capacity.
To operate this machine, you can use its 1.8-inch of color display. The machine offers you to work for about 2,500 printed pages per month as its duty cycle. The recommended print volume per month is from 50 to 1,000 printed pages.
Third, it is about the paper handling. Brother MFC-J485DW offers duplex printing with its output paper tray to handle 50-sheet. Meanwhile, the input paper tray can support 100 sheets.
Fourth, this machine is also great as a printer. It can perform 12 pages per minute for black printing and 6 pages per minute for color printing. Other than that, the machine has borderless printing. Also, you can use this machine for producing 6000 x 1200 dpi of maximum resolution.
When you use it as a scanner, it offers no duplex scanning, but thankfully it offers mobile device scanning through Brother iPrint&Scan. You can scan your file documents to some formats like JPEG, PDF, and High Compression PDF. In addition, the machine offers you to scan to email, scan to image, scan to file, and scan to OCR.
Brother MFC-J485DW Ink Cartridges
When you purchase Brother MFC-J485DW, you can find the starter cartridge included in its box. If you are running out the toner cartridge, you can purchase standard yield ink. Using the standard yield ink can support you to handle 260 pages.
If you think it is not enough to operate your Brother MFC-J485DW, you should go with the high-yield ink. Using the high-yield ink can help you handle about 550 pages.
Brother MFC-J485DW Wireless Setup
A. Factory Reset
- First, hit the menu button on your machine.
- Then, use the bottom up button to find network menu. And then, hit ok.
- After that, choose factory reset, and then hit ok.
- Next, select number 1 (If your printer has fax button. Otherwise, follow the instruction on the screen).
- Your printer is going to reset the network automatically.
- Then, you should do wizard setup to activate the wireless.
- Continue by pressing the menu button by using the bottom-up button to find “network” and ok.
- Choose “WLAN”. Then, press ok.
- Select “setup wizard”, and then wait for a moment. Your machine is searching for the SSID. Once this process is done, hit back.
- After completing the steps, the Wi-Fi icon will appear at the top of the screen.
B. Setting on Computer
- Insert the CD driver.
- Select the language.
- Next, choose the “initial installation” menu
- Then, select “install MFL-Pro Suite”
- Select yes and wait for a moment.
- After that, continue by choosing a wireless network connection. Then, choose next.
- Check all the options and choose next.
- If your Wi-Fi has detected the printer, choose the printer and select next until a pop-up message shows and instructs you to restart your device.
- On the other hands, if your Wi-Fi does not detect it, choose the second option that identifies your machine by address.
- Fill your IP address in your computer on the blank column.
- Here, you can check the IP address in your computer: choose menu > network> Wlan> TCP/IP> IP address.
- If you have completed the process, your computer will process it immediately until you get a message “Brother Registration”. After that, choose next and restart your computer.
C. Setting on Wireless Network Connection
- On your PC/ network, search for Wireless Network Connection
- After that, choose “SETUP” in the option. Choose the wireless network and select Connect
- Next, choose “Connect Anyway” and wait for a moment until you see that your wireless is connected.
Brother MFC-J485DW Wifi Setup Guideline
- You have to check that your printer is on.
- Go to the Network menu selection > Reset Network > Press no.1 (to restart the printer)
- After that, the machine will enter the Default Printer mode
- You have to choose Network > Setup Wizard so you can continue the process.
- Then, choose SSID > and then choose NEW SSID (The machine will ask you to create a username and password). After that, press OK
- Next, choose AD-HOC and connect it to the SSID you have created (The printer will print the printer status automatically. After that, wait for 1 to 5 minutes so the printer will connect via scan IP address)
- Your Wi-Fi setup installation is complete. After that, try to connect your laptop or computer to the SSID printer.
Brother MFC-J485DW Installation Software For Windows
- To start, you must download the Brother MFC-J485DW driver. After that, select the system operation of your computer.
- Next, double-click the file you have downloaded.
- After that, choose Unzip
- Open that folder
- Then, double-click to the D_SETUP.exe. The installation is ready to start.
- You are going to see the instructions on the screen. Follow the steps to finish the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, restart your computer. You can test your printer.
Brother MFC-J485DW Installation Software For Mac
- You must download the Brother MFC-J485DW driver. After that, choose the operating system for your computer.
- Next, double-click to the “xxxxxxxx.dmg” you have downloaded.
- Then, double click to the “xxxxxxxx.pkg. This is the installer package.
- You have to follow the instructions so you can complete the installation.
- Once you finished the installation, please restart the computer. After that, you can test your printer.
Brother MFC-J485DW Driver and Software Download
|Brother MFC-J485DW Driver
Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP (64 Bit-32 Bit)
|Brother MFC-J485DW Driver
Mac OS X 10.11, OS X 10.10, OS X 10.9, OS X 10.8, OS X 10.7
|Brother MFC-J485DW Driver
MacOS (10.15), MacOS (10.14), MacOS (10.13), MacOS (10.12)
|Brother MFC-J485DW Scanner Driver Mac OS 11||Download|
|Brother MFC-J485DW Manuals||Download|
|Brother MFC-J485DW Driver Download Brother Official Site||Click Here|